Rix & Fifi: Sisters in Crime

What do you do when you're far from your sister and can't easily complain about people and work, quote movies incessantly, and gossip about celebrities?

A) Eat chocolate chip ice cream.

B) Watch movies like Bridget Jones's Diary or Mulan, or TV like Arrested Development or Sex & the City or Law and Order: SVU.

C) Read Meg Cabot and Janet Evanovich books.

D) Go to this blog and look at fun pictures and be all sisterie.

Please. Obviously, all of the above.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Two Sisters + Two States = Too Far!

Hello Sister Mine!

In June, you posted a list of cool books to read. Here are some things I've recently been reading, and then the list of things to read next.

I recently read:

  • To Be A Dancer by Elizabeth Bernard... which is about a chick who goes to a special ballet school. Think Center Stage with less sex and less anorexia and more self-doubt.
  • Fairest by Gail Carson Levine... fabulous, made me want to reread Ella Enchanted!
  • The 1-800-WHERE-R-U series by Meg Cabot... got better as the series went on, now I can't wait for the fifth book. The romance in these books is particularly good. And that's all that matters OBVIOUSLY.
  • Sex and the Single Witch-- see my blog for commentary on the HORRID third novella in this collection, but the first two were pretty fun. And Halloweenie and all.

Next on my list:

  • Bad Kitty by Michelle Jaffe... although I might not have chosen to read this book on my own, Meg Cabot's always talking about her, and I do sometimes read her advice column... so I figure I'll give it a go.
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond... for obvious reasons.
  • Rob&Sara.com because I have been waiting and waiting to reread it because I love it and I don't want to remember everything that happens.
  • Center Stage, the sequel to To Be A Dancer... I wonder if it's anything like the movie?? Probably not, but it SHOULD be, yo.
  • Size 14 Is Not Fat Either by Meg Cabot but alas I'll have to wait until November 28 to buy it...
  • The Queen Geek Social Club... which I bought at Book World and looks super.
That's all I can think of for now. So many good books to read, so little time!

How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home